Monday, May 23, 2016

No More Fish and Other Monday Musings



It was a great event.  And we were honored to be a part of it.  The Hollands threw the church a Fish Fry Saturday night to thank the church for our support in Donald becoming a Deacon to the Episcopal diocese.

But.....fish.

I tried.  Really, I did.  Every few years, I convince myself the other times were a fluke, and that I can really like fish if I just psych myself up.

This time, it was a whiting fillet, about the mildest fish you can get.  And it was fried.  People can eat shoelaces if they're fried. So I can do this!

Ok.  Well, I got about 50% down of one fillet.  It had skin underneath, and that part made it very fishy (at least to me - no one else seemed to notice).  There were sides, like cheese grits and slaw, and I concentrated on those.

Later, I began to feel ill.  Nauseous, upset stomach,  throat swelling, and the taste of fish would not leave my mouth.

I spent most of Sunday trying to make up for it, and wound up gaining back all the weight I had lost the previous week.

So....no more fish.  Sorry if that upsets my more health conscious friends, but I just can't do it.

Well, maybe in a few years, I could try Long John Silver's, extra-fried and drowning in malt vinegar, tartar sauce and ketchup.  Don't that sound healthy?

--------------------------

The weekend was a disappointment writing wise, getting little done on my "positive style sci-fi story".  Even more importantly, I continue to waffle on getting my books published/self-published.  Every weekend I think I'm going to do something, and every weekend I wind up Hamletting it.  Very frustrating.

----------------------------

Game of Thrones....now we know Hodor is saying. "Hold the door" .  The most heartbreaking episode yet.

----------------------------

The Clinton people are getting out of hand.  The Karl Rove style ruining of Sanders and his supporters is getting to be a bit much.  And watching the media and Republican Party suck up to the fascist con man is making me more sick to my stomach than the fish did.

-------------------

My blood pressure is showing only the slightest of improvements, but at least it is an improvement.  Maybe if I ate more fish.  ......   HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Until next time,

T. M. Strait
















No comments:

Post a Comment