Monday, June 6, 2016

Justifying Monday and Other Monday Musings



What can I say?

It's my first book and I didn't know any better?

I've read thousands of fiction books and it didn't occur to me until church Sunday that maybe the typeset should be justified.  I frantically looked at the Bible in the pew and saw that it was justified.  Then I looked at The Book of Common Prayer and saw that it was not justified.  Then I looked at the hymnal and realized that was like music and notes and stuff.  I needed a larger sample.

After church, I looked at many books and concluded that only a few self-published books were not justified. It was clear that, although not required, that it would give my book a better feel and look.

Ugh.

Back to formatting hell, and putting at risk my goal to have copies of the book to distribute on our upcoming trip to Michigan.  The problem is that my Word file has to be translated into pdf again, and who knows what the result of that will be.

There are also a  couple of  typos to correct, so wish me luck.  I'll update y'all as to how it goes.

---------------------------------------

Way Green, our local farm and arts show, had another pretty big crowd.  The OHC Writer's booth did okay, with both me and Grace Lee selling some of our chapbooks (homemade pamphlet-like books).  Michael and April Lee were very helpful in managing the booth, adding a whole array of book-related crafts.  It was terribly hot, and my Mackinac Island Fudge threatened to melt into hot fudge sauce.

----------------------------------------

Game of Thrones is rollicking far past the books.  I still like the books as much as the series, and I am disappointed that the show is moving faster.  Yes, it's George R R Martin's story and he can basically tell it at what ever pace he wants, but I would've like to have read the books first.  I have little ground to complain.  It took me forty-five some years to complete History of the Trap.  But I promise you this - if somebody picks up the movie/TV rights to History of the Trap and I'm paid beau coup money - you better believe I'm gonna churn out books ahead of the movie/TV series.

Yeah.  Can't wait for that.

---------------------------------

So that's about it.  My weekend was mostly book related, starting the exciting journey from becoming book author to turning into market shiller.

Did I mention that the Kindle ebook version is available for sale on Amazon for only $3.99?

Until next shill,

T. m. Strait












No comments:

Post a Comment