Friday, March 24, 2017

Questions for my Conservative Friends

I am trying to prepare an important statement about health care, and I really need input from my conservative friends.

This is difficult to do.  Many have unfriended or ufollowed me.  Some refuse to talk politics with me, as they feel that all that has been "done with".

Also, other than my blog posts, I gave up, for Lent,  sharing political memes or commentary on Facebook.

I'm skeptical of  receiving any answers, but if any of you struggle through to this point, I would love to hear from you.

Here goes:

1) Do you believe that everyone, from our poorest to our wealthiest, must have health insurance?  That society and health care is too important, and medical costs far too high, to leave anyone out?

2)  Do you believe that no one should die because of lack of finances, and that preventative medicine should be available to all?

3)  Do you believe that insurance should be affordable, and that no individual should go bankrupt due to health care costs?

The above were derived from an article by Dr. Michael F Weinberg, MD.  They are the first two steps of his "12 Steps to Make America's Health Care Great Again".  The other steps are not important unless we can agree on these first two steps.

4)  CBO (Congressional Budget Office) estimates that 24 million will lose health care as the result of the America Health Care Act.  Are you okay with that, or does it bother you?


5)  So you say you hate Obamacare but you're vague on its replacement?  What is it you really want to do?  If Congress is not proposing what you want, what is it you really want?  Don't just complain!  Be specific as to what YOU think repeal and replace Obamacare means, and what it is you really want to see.

I await your response.

Thank you,

T. M. Strait

No comments:

Post a Comment