Thursday, March 16, 2017

Themeless on a Thursday



Oy.

That's me.  Choking on a Thursday.

Usually by today, I've had a topic brewing and I can just spin it out in the thirty to forty-five minutes I have to write.

Not so this morning.

It's been a rough week, with work and theater and the loss of a dear friend.  March 15th was a major tax deadline for me, as I do a number of corporate and partnership returns that are due that day.

On the bright side, the play I'm working on, The Diary of Anne Frank. is one that my son Benjamin is in as well, in the crucial role of Peter Van Daan.  I love the opportunity to perform with Benjamin. To me, that creates some of my most treasured memories of theater.

The picture above is from a play we were in a couple of years ago, A Christmas Carol.  I played one of my favoritest parts, Scrooge, and Benjamin played multiple small roles.  It was a wonderful experience.

-------------------------------

I missed WACT's Hairspray.  I should've made a greater effort to see it, but time sort of spun away from me.  If anyone saw my list of favorite musicals, you would know that when WACT first did Hairspray several years ago, I rated it as the best musical I had ever seen.  Chelsea Nelson was ideal as Tracy Turnblad, and so was the entire cast, especially Michelle Lagoueyte as Penny Pingleton. Really, it was as good a community theater production as I had ever seen.


---------------------------------

Yes, I am a television watcher.  I watch an hour or two of scripted TV most evenings.  Briefly, my current favorites include Designated Survivor, Legion, The Americans, The Waking Dead and Supergirl.

-------------------------

Yes.  I have a lot to say about the horrid "tax cut for the wealthy disguised as a health care plan".  Hopefully. I can mull it over and write something quasi-brilliant by Saturday.  Certainly, the monstrous reaction of Paul Ryan to the idea that his plan may cause 24 million will lose health insurance as a result, is one of the coldest, most repulsive things I've seen.  If you think that many people losing their insurance is a good thing, or just not particularly relevant to you, than you and I have very little in common.

--------------------------

Double oy.  The clock is pounding hard.  My writing time has evaporated.  I must plunge into the accounting world again.

Another time, perhaps?

Patience.

Soon....THERE WILL BE THEMES!









No comments:

Post a Comment