Monday, May 15, 2017

Blurry Monday Musings


Who is the MAN?  Ben Jer Man, that's who!  We went to his school's underclassmen honor's ceremony, where Benjamin received two (count 'em - two!) certificates - one for being part of the 3rd place State One Act, and the other for being part of the third place in the state Student Ambassadors!

Yes, my picture is blurry.  Alison has told me I need to wait for the picture to lock in place on my phone (which is also secretly a camera - can YOUR phone do that?  Huh? Huh?).  I also am not holding my hand still.  It's something I need to work on. 



OK, whatever lessons I was supposed to learn I didn't absorb for this picture.  We spent Friday and Saturday in St. Augustine, staying in historical downtown, and this was the view from outside our room.  Beyond that white fence is a bay.  That's what I was trying to take a picture of.  Maybe next time.





This one I held steadier!  Alison and I tried a popular downtown restaurant for the first time - Harry's Seafood Bar & Grille.  I had something called French Baked Scallops, and it was the best seafood entree I have ever had in my life.  It was a huge mess of scallops presented in a cast iron skillet, bubbling in a Parmesan cheese sauce.  I should have taken a picture of it, but I was too busy eating it.

I did not bring the BP machine, or the scales, so I wasn't sure what damage I did to my efforts to improve my weight and BP.  I did walk around extensively, and had my new Fitless Bit with me, so I did good with that.  Checking in this Monday, I find my weight gain less than a pound (par for the course for me on virtually any weekend - actually usually gain two to four pounds, which then I lose three to five during the weekdays), and my BP showed a modest decline this morning.

Still haven't seen the new Guardians of the Galaxy movie - looks like that might not be until Memorial Day.  Oh, well.  At least it's a big enough hit to still be at the movie theaters.


There's no mystery any more as to whether Trump is impeachable or not.  He has committed prima facie obstruction of justice by removing the FBI Director for the explicitly expressed objective of interfering or stopping an investigation that he is a part of.  Now it's simply a matter of Republicans choosing country over party.

Oh.  We're talking about Republican politicians.  So maybe not so simple.










No comments:

Post a Comment