Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Thoughts on a Tuesday Tidbits

Thoughts on a Tuesday Tidbits!


1) Last day of work for a week!  Huzzah!  No, I'm not going anywhere, except in my imagination.  I'm starting a writecation!  I'm not sure yet where it will take me, or what I will focus on, but sometimes you steer the boat and sometimes you let the boat steer you.  I could wind up at Swamp's Edge in Crowley, or on Pazoria. I could return to Loren, Michigan and the Trap, or rocket to My Europa.  Or I might eat bonbons and binge watch Twin Peaks!  At this point, anything is possible!

2) I'd like to write more about America's Worst President Ever, Donald J. Drumpf.  But events move so fast, it's hard to keep up with the current lunacy.  Yes, it would be nice to tie out the Russian collusion frame by frame. Regardless of how that pans out (and it don't look too good for the Trump team), he's already committed obstruction of justice.  I mean, that's not hidden.  It's a prima facie case, clear to the most casual observer, and undeniable.  It's just a matter of when the Republicans will turn on him.  Just remember, the politicians won't be first.  My Trumpeteer friends will be first. Until they wake up and smell the con, we're doomed to wake up each morning screaming to the reality that this orange buffoon is our President.

3) I can't help myself.  I feel almost sympathetic to Melania. Yes, I know she's no Michelle Obama, but I think she realizes she has sold more of her soul than she intended.  It's more than a lack of PDA. I think she has reached a level of revulsion that is hard to hide in public.  She reminds of the wives on The Handmaid's Tale.

4)  I finally saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.  Was this a movie with deep meaning?  Nawh, although it tried to slap that veneer on it near the end.  What it was, was GREAT FUN!  Tiny Groot was astounding, and the opening fight sequence a thing of beauty. The director, James Gunn, is one of my favorites.  I look forward to more.

5) I wanted to return to the good ol' days of fun contests on Facebook.  I put out a couple of movie polls on my group, Ripping Good Yarns.  They only got a hand full of votes.  Sigh.

6) I loved going to the soccer game with Doug.  I hope to see another game or two as the year progresses.  Since Atlanta won 4 to 1, I told Doug I was good luck, and now will have to go to all the games.  Soccer is really an exciting game, with non-stop movement, and is especially fun to watch with a big, rowdy crowd.


Well, I'm already tid-bitted out.

Time to get this day started and complete.

Here comes WRITECATION!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment