Thursday, May 11, 2017

98 & Tied



It's a-fixin' to reach 98 today.

And, yep, that's me up there, sportin' a tie.

It seems rather ridiculous, don't it?

Yes, I know.  I work in an air-conditioned office, gittin' there in an air-conditioned car.

Still, it don't seem quite right.

Let's mot even get into the concept that this is only early May, and much hotter weather is yet to come.  That is doesn't even factor in the "feels like" temp, or the humidity index.

Just when tax season is over and I can enjoy the outdoors more, it becomes satanically hot, not to mention the gnats.  They love me so much, they hang around outside the door, waiting for me to dare to step outside for a walk.  And walk I must, as part of a new regimen to reduce my high blood pressure and cut some weight.

Then there's the incredibly huge fire going on the Okefenokee Swamp, extending over almost 150,000 acres!  The fire is more south and west of us, but the smoke does come through when the winds shift.  I pray that it is controlled and extinguished soon, and I pray for the towns it is close to, and to the valiant firefighters who are putting themselves on the line to contain it.

It makes me having to wear a tie, in weather inappropriate for it, seem rather small.

Nevertheless, it would be nice to go without it until the weather gets back to 58 again.

58?  What?  What am I thinking?  I thinks I drifted off to Michigan again.

Catch you later.

Now it's time to say good morning to the gnats that love me.




No comments:

Post a Comment