Monday, May 22, 2017

GOOOOOOOOOALS Monday Musings!



What great fun!  Spending a special evening bonding with my middle son, Doug!  We went together to Bobby Dodd Stadium and watched Atlanta's brand new soccer team, the Terminus.  Sorry.  I meant Atlanta United.  Which is the same last name as a bout a zillion other soccer teams.  Oh, well.  Despite the redundancy of the name, they are a great team - imaginative, talented and explosive - a joy to watch!

They won 4 to 1, the rough equivalent of winning an NFL game 49 to 7.  The movement and play is non-stop for forty-five plus minutes each half.  We literally never sat down, the crowd on its feet the whole game.

Benjamin and Alison stayed back, spending the evening with Doug's girlfriend, Paige.  She is a great person, and they really enjoyed their time getting to know her.  She even baked an apple pie for us.  It wasn't just good.  It was one of the best apple pies I've ever had,





Yep.  That's two of the Strait boys at the big game!  He's the good looking one wearing a ball cap.  I'm the old dude with the big thumb.

We're back now, and I face work again.  But it's a short work week for me.  I'm starting another writecation this Wednesday.  I'm undecided as to which project to focus on, but I'm sure it will come to me.  Maybe.

I have shifted my weight and blood pressure in the right direction, although I wish progress was faster.  Sometimes you just have to be happy you're improving, I guess.  If I was going the other way, I'd be heading to Tent & Awning for clothes, and the ICU for naps.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait










No comments:

Post a Comment