Monday, May 8, 2017

Special Announcements Monday Musings!



Special Announcement #1!

I am a great Uncle again!  And my first grand nephew!  My nephew. Nick Easlick,  is now a proud father!  He is holding in his arms young Elijah Robert Easlick!  

Now I have another reason to travel north!

Special Announcement #2!

Oke Con was a blast and a half Saturday!  I had a table in a prime spot, and received a lot of attention for my comics, my book History of the Trap, and for Okefenokee Heritage Center activities. Benjamin had a great time playing Super Smash Brothers and bonding with new friends.

Special Announcement #3!

I saw Anne of Green Gables Friday night, and if you haven't seen it yet, plan to this next weekend.  Brenda Luke is outstanding as Marilla, as is the entire cast.  Check it out!

Special Announcement #4!

The best shows on TV right now are Fargo (FX), The Leftovers (HBO) and The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu).  I can't pick a favorite between the three.

Special Announcement #5!

I applied for Social Security this weekend, and it will start August 1!  I finally get to step back from Accounting and do more of the things I love!  My employers have been supportive, and I will continue to work there on a part-time basis. I am very excited about starting this next phase of my career.

Special Announcement #6!

There are, of course, many things I would like to do as I increase the time I have to do them, but right now I have to prioritize my health.  I am doing pretty good, overall, but my blood pressure and weight are no where near where they should be.  Reducing them to where they should be has to be my main focus right now. Hopefully, those who are asking me to do more things will understand that I am trying to de-stress my life right now.  Please be patient with me.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait




No comments:

Post a Comment