Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A Brand New Lector!



This last weekend, I went to Atlanta to see my middle son, Doug, and to take in a soccer game at the new Mercedes-Benz stadium (the sheer idiocy of naming stadiums after corporations is a topic for another day),

It was a great trip, but I left some responsibilities behind.  One of them was being Lector at our church.  The Lector does the the third reading of the mass,  usually from a part of the New Testament, excluding the Gospels.  Who could fulfill that job?

Benjamin!  He did a wonderful job of filling in, reading beautifully, with expression and feeling.  The parishioners were impressed, and Benjamin will now be a part of the rotation.

I wish I could have seen it, but my being gone was the opportunity that Benjamin needed, and he took it very successfully.

I look forward to hearing him read at future services!

1 comment: