Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Twin Towers of Play Power!


I'm going to be in two (count 'em - two!) plays in the coming weeks!

First up is The Odd Couple (female version), at the Ritz starting September 28th and running through October 7th.

This is Neil Simon, people!  This is stage comedy at its finest!  And (drum roll, please)....

It features The Strait Boys, ME and my son onstage together, AS BROTHERS!  

If you like your ham served STRAIT UP, than double your pleasure and plan a trip to the Ritz!




Purlie Productions will be performing The Model Apartment at the Okefenokee Heritage Center on the weekend of October 14th.  

It is a five person production, and is a play both funny and dramatic.  I play the male part of an elderly Jewish couple, holocaust survivors, moving to Florida, in part to retire, and in part to get away from their crazy daughter.

How am I handling being in two productions at the same time?  Not well!  I am usually the Attendance King, and that is impossible with rehearsals going on at the same time.  But I wanted to help both groups.  Who could pass up working alongside my son?  Who could not support the socially relevant theater done by Purlie Productions?

I just hope I don't get the lines mixed up between the two plays!






4 comments:

  1. Go Tom! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! I am looking forward to working so closely with Benjamin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree. You're doing GREAT! It's a pleasure getting to see the two of you perform together. Thank you for your help

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that! Thank you! And you are doing fantastic! From backstage, I can hear the audience laughing and responding to your lines! I so much loved the performance of you and your granddaughter, acting as the narrators in The Seuss Christmas Carol, and I was so grateful to do something similar with Benjamin. Bravissimo!

      Delete