Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Limbo Stick Lowering Wednesday Wanderings



Well, it looks like the limbo stick has lowered again.

Can you still fit under there, Trumpeteers?  What will be your excuse this time?  Whatever, it is, it may take me a while to find out.  You don't talk to me about it anymore.

In fact, the silence on this from the President and friends has been rather incredible.  As the negative news swirls around him, Fox News is busy saying, "SQUIRREL!!!"

But have no fear!  Someone, Hannity or his like, will eventually figure out talking points (or distraction points) and for those of you who have active Trumpeteers on your social media, you'll slowly get the memes and irrational discussion points that try to fight back.  They'll double down on attacking NFL athletes who act like this is a free country or something, or blame it on the fact that teachers can't lead indoctrinating prayer in school, or how everything is really the fault of Hillary and Obama.  How this is all Cohen's and Manafort's fault, that the President had nothing to do with their crimes.  According to Trump, one of the things he does best is pick the best people.  Yeah, maybe if he was in the mob he does.  Government service?  Eh, not so much.

----------------------------------------

Enough about politics!  Ok, that doesn't sound like me.  Well, enough for right this second, anyway.

My foot pain is held in check.  Going to the doctor Monday revealed no miracle cures.  It's just going to take time and a lot more Ibuprofen than I feel comfortable taking.  But it's enough to get me back to work, and to play practice, so it's gotta be what it's gotta be for a while.

Playing off rodeo, this is not my first footy-o. It happens every couple of years or so.  It just takes time. Hopefully, I'll be over it in a week or two.  At least for this time.

--------------------------------------

I'll repeat this elsewhere (trust me on that), but please note that if you purchase Crowley Stories as an ebook or paperback, and you get a chance to review it, please do so. The placement on different sites is dependent on sales and number of reviews.  History of the Trap has 8 reviews on Amazon, and I'm told it takes 10 reviews to get bumped up in placement.  So close and yet so far away!

-------------------------------------

I'm trying to take my weight and blood pressure in the morning, and so far it's not pretty.  There may not be any dramatic changes until the summer audit is over, but I'm trying to get in the habit of doing it.  I'm also trying to walk a little in the morning, even though right now that is very painful.  I'm trying to scream too loud as I walk so as not to wake the neighbors.

-------------------------

I may have wandered enough.  Return to your regularly scheduled activities, and I'll try to have a more coherent message soon.












No comments:

Post a Comment