Monday, August 13, 2018

Monday Musings from the Swamp's Edge



And so it begins!

The big Shill-a-thon for Crowley Stories: Swamp's Edge.  Be patient.  It looks like if there is shilling to be done, I'll have to do it.  But, when all is said and done, if you accidentally or on purpose get the book, I'll think you'll enjoy it.  And if you review it for one of the services (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads) that would be fantastic beyond measure.


I will be doing what I can, but the hard push probably won't begin until I complete the audit assignment at work that has me working more hours than usual. 

Then I am starting a new play, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest with Purlie Productions.  Beleive it or not, I don't play one of the crazy ones.  I don't play McMurphy (the Nicholson part) or Nurse Ratchett.   I am a doctor, and maybe also an aide.  This will chew up some time the next couple of months, but I don't have too many lines to learn, so that should help.

-----------------------------

Now that Benjamin is starting to drive, I am finding it harder than I expected to hold the line at two cars.  I didn't know he'd want to drive to school.  I don't know why that is a surprise to me.  We think we can arrange things to only need two cars, but we shall see.  Alison lives very close to her work, and may not always need a car.  I'll need a car less when my work schedule reduces next month.

--------------------------

I'm trying to decide whether to renew my subscription to Entertainment Weekly.  I'm a charter subscriber, having received every issue they've put out (they are currently on issue #1,524).  When I started, they were more statistics oriented, but each year they are becoming more and more like People Magazine, with more and more celebrity fluff pieces.  Much of the information that I used to look for in Entertainment Weekly I can now find online through the interWebs.

It's just hard to give up, something that has been a constant in your life through multiple decades.  It's not that expensive, and I do read it.  I just don't know how essential it is anymore.

-------------------------------------------

Well, that wasn't many topics.  Probably should start fixin' to think about gettin' around!

Be sure to take a trip to Crowley soon! (Sorry - gotta squeeze in one last shill!)

















2 comments:

  1. I started reading The Crowley Stories, and I'm really enjoying it! Thanks for the preview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for checking them out! Enjoy the visit back to the Swamplands!

    ReplyDelete