Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Can't Stop the Wednesday Wanderings



Gotta write!

Yes, even on those days without a theme or purpose, sometimes I just gotta exercise the writing muscle and scribble down whatever, and hope that my few faithful fans persevere through the wanderings.

Let's start with the almost randomly selected picture above.  Yes, I love to be surrounded by books!  It's not "in-fashion" anymore, even among readers (many don't keep what they read, or use an e-reader).  I don't care.  I want to be surrounded by books.  No, my home does not look like a sloppy labyrinth.  They are contained to bookshelves, for the most part, neatly stacked and identified.  Alison's excellent taste in decorating and antiques comes through a lot more than as a cavern for book hoarding.  And, believe it or not, as much as I keep, I have given away about ten times more.  As much as I want to, I don't keep everything I read.

----------------------------------------

Theater is a-comin'!  Two shows in October!  First, WACT's Murder on the Orient Express the first two weekends in October,  And then later in the month, closer to Halloween, Purlie Production puta on Dracula.

I am in Murder in the Orient Express.  I am supposed to be learning my lines.  Monday's rehearsal was off-book.  I don't do a lot of painting (filling in my line with the gist of what I'm supposed to say but not necessarily the exact wording as written by the playwright), so I have a lot more gaps sometimes, because I can't remember the precise word I'm supposed to say, and it's very difficult for me to paint in substitutes.

Part of it is I like to be faithful to what the playwright has written.  I figure he/she must have written the line that way for a reason, and who am I to change it?  But mostly it's just a learning style.  I don't think I could change it if I wanted to.

-----------------------------

Sports update!  Atlanta United is on a break (soccer scheduling is weird) but remains in contention for a playoff spot, possibly even first!

Alison's former favorite team, the Atlanta Falcons, continue their slide out of her radar.  We tried to watch some of their opening game and didn't make it through the first half before giving up.  It looks like they're in for another rough year.

The Lions tied.  Some are upset that they had a lead and then lost it, but I'm like .... a tie - that's a better start than a lot of years!  I'll take it!

Finally, the Michigan Wolverines are 2 - 0.  Their National Championship hopes are alive and well!  Yeah.  That won't last long the way they're playing unless they switch to a high school football league.

---------------------------------

The Presidency continues to rapidly deteriorate.  I can't even keep up with the scandals and sheer stupidity and meanness. How protected are the Trumpeteer's media sources that they can't see that we're being swallowed up by the madness?

I really would like to list out the horrible things in just the last week, but what is the point?  Nothing alters the Trumpeteer's delusionary attachment.  It's going to sink us all, and I don't know what to do about it.

Meanwhile, the Democratic contest is slowly consolidating.  The next debate will have ten instead of twenty.  You can stay in the race if you didn't qualify for the debate, but your odds are impossibly long.  Biden, despite occasional gaffes, remains the frontrunner.  Warren and Sanders are second and third and vary between those two spots depending on the poll.  Buttigieg and Harris line up next, usually in the high single digits.   Another shift down is Booker, O'Rouke, Yang, and to a lesser degree, Klobuchar, Gabbard, and Castro.  No one else really registers at all.

I'm Team Warren but make no mistake.  I'll vote for whoever opposes Trump, or vote against whomever the Republicans pick.  Yes - whomever.  I'm still not convinced that Trump will be their nominee.  I think it's increasingly likely that he resigns under the condition he gets a full pardon from Pence.

------------------------------

Boy, I could wander the whole day away!  I have a lot brewing in my head.  But I've decided to put in a few hours at my accounting job today, so I suppose I should wrap this up.

Wanderingly yours,

T. M. Strait






























No comments:

Post a Comment