Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Paddling in the Wednesday Wandering River



Okay, that's not actually a river.  That's our neighborhood lake a few months ago when the dam had broken, and most of the water had drained out.  It's fixed now.  I think.  I haven't looked at it today.

I did go out for a walk, but I took a route that did not take me next to the lake.  My walk was shorter than usual.  I'm still trying to recover from recent foot pain, and I'm slowly building my exercise back up.

I don't know if the lake has a name.  Let me check with Alison.

---------------

She don't know, but she suggested I use Googly Maps.

-------------

I did that, and the name of the lake is Lakeview Country Club Lake.  Boy, the lake name is almost longer than the lake. 

Googly maps knows where I live.  That's kinda scary.

----------------------

We don't live in a country club.  That is the golf course on the other side of the lake.  It's a public golf course.  I don't play golf there.  I don't play golf anywhere.  I really haven't tried golf since Goliath swallowed the golf ball.

----------------------

I'm in the substitute teaching phase of my work year.  I have to know there is an assignment pending to come in.  It's about the lightest time, so maybe I can write more fiction, and also do more audio work.  We'll see.

----------------------

I have to be honest and say I really don't like being as heavy-set as I am.  Yes, I should just be concerned with being healthy (better diet and more exercise), but I cringe when I see pictures of myself.  I've always known I am stocky, and I can handle that, but I can't stand the stomach pooch.  It's too much, but nothing I do seems to make much progress on it.  I do think if I made it the ONE THING I could make progress, but as much as I hate the weight, I still have a hard time making it my exclusive focus. 

Some of my small band of loyal readers get perturbed if I'm too negative about myself, so...enough talk about my rotundity.

----------------------------

I'm in a play!  Murder on the Orient Express.  Performances start October 3rd.  I know my lines -  sort of.  Well, enough to be dangerous. It's coming along, and it should be an entertaining show.  My character is not the lead, but he has some great moments in the play, and I occasionally really get to chew up the furniture (translation: I get to let the ham flag fly).

-----------------------------

I'll skip politics this time.  Y'all know how I feel.  Just remember that by skipping it that it doesn't mean it's not affecting me.  Every second my heart is heavy because I have friends who still worship the orange Cheeto.

Okay.  Nuff said about that.

This time.

Wanderingly yours,

T. M. Strait
















No comments:

Post a Comment