Monday, September 9, 2019

The Fall That Will Not Fall



To me, Septemeber is one of the most depressing months of the year.  Well, speaking weatherwise.

I keep thinking the cooldown is just right around the corner.  Spoiled by my formative years growing up in Michigan, over forty years in the South Lands, the last twenty in Southeast Georgia,  have not got me used to the South's resistance to Fall.

We will run across a rare day where the temperatures are not soaring into the nineties, and I think, this is it!  It's finally breaking!  Before I know it, I can bring out my jacket and enjoy the crisp fall weather!

No.  It just drags on and on and on and on, scorching heat without end.  The gnat party will not cease.  Your skin will continue to crackle and melt.  Heatstroke remains an evert present possibility.

The projected low over the next fifteen days include one day where we reach the remarkable low of...88.  Big whoop.

And it could stagger on this way for the next three months.  Even in winter, you can still have days over 90.

The ideal fall weather is 58 degrees and overcast.  That is the most beautiful time of the year.  But of course, down here, that might be an OCCASIONAL day in the winter, but it is undoubtedly not Fall weather.

I miss it.  I do.  I don't miss the harsh winters of Michigan, with temps in the teens or lower.  But I do love the fall.  It is my favorite season.

And I miss it.










No comments:

Post a Comment