Friday, September 4, 2020

History of the Trap Vol. 2 - Chapter One: Justice Trapped Part 3

 

3

 

I won’t dwell on the trial, Doctor Duncan.  I know I need to pick up the pace.  Soon, I will have to have my own trial, and you will want to know what to say about me at it. I realize what you have to say will be very important in how I’m prosecuted and what the outcome may be.   I should care what you decide, but I don’t.  Not really.  I just want to tell my story like I promised I would, and for you to leave everyone else alone like you promised you would.

Mark was convicted for his assault on Wilbur Jones.  He repudiated his confession to Lisa’s murder as a tactic to intimidate me.  “I was trying to get Lance to own up to his complicity in Lisa’s murder and find out what he was doing hanging out near the men’s locker room,” he stated at the trial.

Fortunately, even though there was not enough for a sure conviction of Mark for his other crimes, there was even less there for me to be credibly accused of them.

What about Robert Pelley, who was there in the locker room witnessing Mark's murder of  Mrs. Forsyth?  He claimed he wasn’t there.  After I ran out of the men’s athletic storage room, I had no idea what Robert Pelley did. I was too preoccupied with trying to save my own skin. 

He did not join Mark Granite in his pursuit of me, and Wilbur Jones and his friends did not see Robert.  There was no physical evidence to tie him to the scene, and Robert’s buddies, Walter Drayton and Stevey Tubbs, alibied him as tossing footballs near the football field during the time of the murder.

At the time, I was just happy that Mark Granite had been convicted of something.  His reign of terror was at an end.  Or so I thought.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment