Monday, September 21, 2020

Laid Low Monday Musings

 


I am laid low.  No,  Not COVID.  At least, I don't think so.  It's just the usual foot/leg arthritis-related thing I get once a year or so.  I'd actually been on a pretty good streak - usually get in May/June, around the time we try to take a trip.  

Well, I fooled my body by not having a vacation, but it eventually caught up with me. Hopefully, a day home with the dogs will be the rest I need.

It is difficult to write with the pain sensors firing, but I'll do my best.

------------------------------------------

As with anybody who is not on the right-wing fringes, I am much disturbed and stressed by the news of the passing of RBG. It's not fair to her, but the truth is that she was the one with her finger plugging the damn of right-wing nonsense that we are now going to be flooded with.

We've had two Republican Senators, Murkowski and Collins, commit to not voting for a nominee until the inauguration of the next President.  Is that significant, or is that just the usual Hall Pass he gives out to one or two Senators who need to pretend they're independent in order to cater to their home state?

Does anyone know of any other Republican Senators who have publicly committed to delaying until there's a new President?  This would have to be commitments they made after RBG passed.

Most of the Republicans have no shame in contradicting the stance they took on delay in 2016. Republicans, thy middle name is HYPOCRISY.

------------------------------------------

Benjamin is back at college in Milledgeville.  THeir COVID numbers have been high, but Benjamin has used an abundance of caution, and at least ON CAMPUS, most students are cooperating.

--------------------------------

Big Brother 22 is having its worse season ever.  The assault on minority players, including one with a mild form of autism, has been shocking and repulsive.  Will I keep watching it?  Probably as long as Kevin, Day'Vonne, and David are still playing, but I am fast-forwarding through chunks.

--------------------------------------

The Emmys were awsome.  More Emmys went to shows Alison and I watch and like more than any other year than I can remember.  Schitt's Creek is phenomenal, and we watched ALL the seasons this last year.  Now Alison wants to see them again.  Watchmen was brilliant, and I was glad to see it win.  And Succesion is a favorite of ours as well.  Oh, and can't forget Last Week with John Oliver.  I like HBO.  It's my favorite premium service.  I just wish ROKU and HBO MAX would get their Shitt's Creek together so I can watch all the HBO MAX shows on our big TV.

----------------------------------

Sports is...discouraging.  Atlanta United (MLS) is having the franchise's worst season, the Detroit Tigers are not showing a playoff quality level of play, and don't get me started on the Falcons and the Lions.

Maybe I should drop my favorites and just pick whoever's winning, become a fair-weather fan.

Nah.  Can't do it.  Just not in my DNA.

I haven't decided about college football yet.  I don't think they should be playing - the risk is too significant.  But I seem to be in the minority on this.

At least keep the stadiums empty.  For God's sake, money is not as important as human lives.  I know that is a radical philosophy to hold in the Age of Trump, but hold to it I do.

-----------------------------

I have achieved all I can in my semi-coherent state.


Musingly Yours,

T. M. Strait















No comments:

Post a Comment