Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Driving it Through the Goal Posts!

The end of the month is fast approaching.  I have set a goal to try to achieve, and I see myself within whiffing distance, but probably still to far away.  But I strive on!

My goal is to achieve 1,000 page views by the end of May. The last I looked I was at 904.  This is not bad as my previous high was 649.  The way I see traffic flow most recently, my best guess, everything being equal, I'll probably top out around 950.

Why hit 1,000?  Well, to help prove to myself that I can continue to get this blog to grow and become more viable.  At some point, I might be able to make it slightly remunerative.  I don't know what that point is.  It might have to be 10,000 page views a month, or maybe even 100,000.  I have no idea.  The point is to make the effort.

It also is fun for me, and hopefully giving occasional enjoyment to those who visit, on purpose or by accident.  This blog is at a disadvantage because it is thematically diffuse, but what the heck - so am I!  Having spent so much time in a career that is of marginal interest to me, it's a great blast to be doing this.

So please forgive me, those who receive these from Facebook, if I'm posting a bit to much over the next 21 hours.  I promise that after the month of May, my posting pattern will be a little bit intense.

At least, that is, until the end of April when I try to break the 2,000 barrier!

Strait Liners Assemble!

No comments:

Post a Comment