Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Emerging From My Hidey Hole

Yesterday I was laid low.  Stomach virus and/or food poisoning kept me home.  And it wasn't like when I fantasize about getting to stay home.  No television, no catching up on reading, no computer.  I couldn't hardly get out of bed.

I don't miss much work due to illness.  I don't say this with pride.  You should stay home if you're sick. And lord only knows I have a lazy streak a mile wide.  And I have many, many hours of accumulated personal/sick time.  I just find it very, very hard to use.

My father was the high school principal, and he did not broach us laying out.  We had to have a raging fever in order to stay home.  I've often gone to work feeling awful, not able to get much done, and Alison would ask, "Why don't you come home?"  and I would tell her, "Because my fever isn't high enough."

I feel much better today, so it's back to work I go.  Assignments and deadlines await me.  It's enough to make one's stomach queasy.

Oh.  That might still be the lingering effects of yesterday's illness.  Never mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment