Thursday, November 8, 2012

Intermission Is Through

The lights blink once.
I wonder if I have time to get my drink.
It is signing only once.
No need to raise a stink.

The drink cannot be taken back to the seat.
It's not that kind of a theater.
No drinking there, surely no bare feet.
Just a show to see within the theater.

The lights blink twice.
I cannot finish my refreshment.
The call is only twice.
 I'm sure that's what it meant.

I return to my seat, right next to LuWanda,
The show is about to start Act 2.
In my seat I begin to wondah
If I will still be awake in a few.

The stage is lit.
The cast is in place.
The crew is fit,
The audience carries mace.

A story recommences.
A fly lands on my knee.
I'll need no recompenses.
I think the script is about me.

The girl onstage looks out at us
She removes a belt with a buckle of tin
Her eyes meet mine without a fuss
Act Two is now set to really begin



1 comment: