Thursday, November 8, 2012

Ripping Good Yarns: Drawing A Blank

It's no secret that I'm a media/storytelling buff.  I like fiction stories in all their forms.  Television, movies, books, theatre, anything that has a plot line and characters.  Not everything fascinates me, but I do like a pretty broad range of genres and types.

So I would love to tell you about some great stories.  But it's very difficult right now.  My DVR is stacked up, I haven't been to the theatre in quite a while, reading books and comics has slowed to a crawl.  Even when I'm been very busy in the past, it seems like I've made some time for these things.

But the impending switch in homes, the wedding activities that ended this last weekend, and most importantly, the play that I've been working on at Flying Dragon, have made my time and my focus very limited.

If you are anywhere near the vicinity of Waycross, I would love for you to be able to come to see Young Robin Hood.  It is a play that I wrote, along with my co-writer and co-director, Karissa Cook, and it is a very interesting script if I do say so myself.  It is a great mix of kid-friendly themes and fun, with send ups of familiar songs and lots of popular movie references.  It centers on standing up to bullies, and has some interesting cast variations from the norm.  Except for a few fleeting seconds that I am on to play King Richard and then the Principal, it is an entirely children's cast, ranging in age from 3 to 15.  It starts this Friday in Waycross at the Flying Dragon Arts Center at 405 Tebeau Street next to the Downtown Sandwich Shoppe.  That's Friday Nov 9th and Saturday Nov 10 at 7 PM, and Sunday at 3 PM, and then the same times the next weekend.

So, my fellow Rippers, let me know what exciting things are going on, and I will do my best to catch up in a couple of weeks.

Until next time,

T.M. Strait

1 comment: