Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Twelve Walk With Me

The twelve walk with me.
The journey has begun.
But one cannot keep up to see.
So I dismiss them from our fun.

Eleven carry forward.
Past the silent curve.
But one speaks untoward.
So they have to be left in the lurve.

Ten still bear witness
They still bear the truth.
Until one starts to confess
And I cannot abide their cruth.

Nine left to travel with me clear.
Into a golden morrow.
But away from me I feel one steer.
So I banish them with sorrow.

Eight remain to aide my cause
Devoted to my purpose
But one's snap answers gives me pause
And so they must leave from my surface,

Seven to see my mission through
By my side they will not leave
Except for one whose look makes me stew
And they must go before I peeve.

Six stay but my confidence soars
They are the best half by far
But one offends me yet and my anger pours
And out they go which is my par.

Five of the loyal brood cling
Their smiles are like a golden ring
But one of them is defiant when they sing
So out of the group I do sling

Four are left to carry on
It should be enough to do the job
Until one more makes me feel put upon
I send them out with a bored lob

Three best amigos are by side
Surely they will not break up the ride
But yet another says something I cannot abide
And they must go out with the tide.

Two best friends I will not part
Nothing cam make me send them away
But then comes an impolite fart
And I will not let that one stay.

One remains for me to hold onto
The one shivers in fear of my rejection
I cannot stand such melancholy blue
So reluctantly I must give the last ejection.

I come to the end ready to make a stand.
I turn to those who were to be my stone.
But I find myself in an empty land.
No one by my side....I am alone.














2 comments:

  1. I knew that this was about disciples, and read it, anyway. It was not uncomfortable. The poem is good, meine freund!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading, glad you liked it. It is not about disciples - at least that is not what I had in mind.

    ReplyDelete