Monday, February 25, 2013

A Tale of Two Dorothys and Other Monday Musings

Cast two featuring Emma Jacobs as Dorothy.

Cast One Featuring Emily Beck as Dorothy.





















It was a wiz of a wizard weekend!  We saw three of the four performances of Flying Dragon's Wizard of Oz.  They were wonderful shows and gave many children an opportunity to shine onstage.  I enjoyed everyone but I have to particularly mention the extraordinary performances of the two Dorothys.  Emily Beck is an outstanding young actress with a very expressive face and a beautiful singing voice.  Emma Jacobs is only 7, but learning very fast.  She is in Benjamin's cast, so I saw her rehearse and get better and better with each practice and performance.  She has many great roles ahead of her.

We are at Glenwood now!  We are living out of a lot of boxes, but progress is being made.  We have moved all but a handful of things from the Acosta rental, and are ready to concentrate on our new residence. My son Doug may be coming this weekend, so we may have to clear enough space in the guest room so that he can at least lay on a blow up bed.

It is raining now, and unlike living at Clark, it doesn't interfere with the Internet. On the other hand, we have not fenced in the backyard, so we have to walk our rain skittish dogs out in the pouring rain until they perform their "magic".

I watched the Oscars again this year, as I have since I could stay up to watch them.  I'm not sure why, as I had seen very few of the movies nominated.  Overall, I thought it was a dull and long telecast.  The host was not that interesting to me, and it was hard to be that excited over who won or lost.  The fact that Marvel's The Avengers was not even nominated kind of soured me on the whole affair. Adele and Streisand sung good, but I have this small problem of being phobic about long fingernails, and I couldn't stop cringing over those.

And now I stare into the maw of another tax season work week.  We are at the mid-way point, but all the means is that you can't see the light from either end of the tunnel.

Until next time,

T.M. Strait

No comments:

Post a Comment