Thursday, February 28, 2013

Pond Living is the Place To Be

For the very first time
I live by a pond.

Not in the pond.
I can't swim very well.

Nor right by the pond.
That would be too many skeeters.

Like a block and a half from the pond.
But close enough to see it from my house.

Certainly can see it better
Than Sarah Palin could see Russia.

It's a really a small lake.
Kind of a baby lake, actually.

So I call it a pond.
But don't tell my neighbors that.

People like to live by water.
Maybe it's because we're mostly H2O.

And we feel it pull at us,
Attracting us at a molecular level.

I like to think
That I'm above all that.

I'm not.





1 comment:

  1. I'm not, either. This is a good place to fall asleep, at the end of words, the edge of the water, the end of the day :)

    ReplyDelete