Friday, February 15, 2013

INTERNET DOWN!!!

It's the dark side of the move.

After posting something at least once a day since May (with the exception of our move in mid-December), we may have a slight disruption of activity.

We will keep our high speed Internet.  It has been amazing and one of the best reasons to come back in to the city.  We will not be keeping our cable television.  We will be switching back to Direct TV.  We had hoped that the local cable company would have more Savannah channels but alas, it did not.  Their DVR boxes have been substantially inferior and difficult to impossible to operate.

Direct TV will be at our place tomorrow to install their service.  ATC, the local Internet provider, that does indeed have awesome Internet, is not quite as customer driven. They move at the speed of an unmotivated turtle and it may be the better of a week before they even think about installing Internet at Glenwood.

Meanwhile, I will do what I can.  I may be able to repost some things now and then. I do have Internet on my smart phone.  The only trouble is that my smart phone is smarter than I am, so we'll just have to see how much and how quickly I can learn.  There is also the possibility that if it goes on long enough, I could get to work early and use the connection we have there.  The problem with that is that at this time of year, it very difficult to our early work.

So that combined with February being the shortest month, there probably won't be any activity records this month. Stick with me, though.  ATC should like to make money, so sooner or later you would think it would be in their interests to get us back up and running.

Until next time, whenever that may be,

T. M. Strait

No comments:

Post a Comment