Thursday, February 14, 2013

Port Seal Rain Fall

It was a rainy night we came to port
Passing the guarding gryffin
I looked up and it caught me short
You stood at the edge of the bow in

nothing but a  white gossamer gown
revealing your pale white skin underneath
you stared directly out at the port town
your arms held out, together like a wreath

Across the Sea of Separation we had come
Having left Bellar two weeks ago
The stormy waters had left us weary some
But it wouldn't stop my mistress to show

up at this port, this Port Seal.
She would cross all of Barre' if she had to
this for her was all that was real
this dream to find the man LaRue

who took her spirit and then ran away
leaving her cold and empty, her longing eyes
staring out to the Sonzobarian continent where may
be the one who causes her endless sighs

she turns and sees me watching her.
Does she know I am as captured by her as she
is by the one she seeks?  I am her sir
and am devoted to her without need of fee.

But to watch there as she turns to me
Seeing her breasts clearly through the wet
gown that clings so fitfully
and to know they will never be met

with the love she holds for LaRue.
Nevertheless, I am with her, always, by her side
Until she sends me away with a shoo
And though it would break my pride

I would leave
Yes, I would leave
But once alone my tears would flow
My pain would forever grow

And the tears would be greater than the rain that fell
As they were when we came into the port that night
Greater than any abundant well
Greater than any could ever sight


No comments:

Post a Comment