Monday, February 4, 2013

Valentine's Day Moveathon and Other Monday Musings

Our movers have been given the date of February 14th to begin the move to our new house.  Happy Valentine's Day, honey!  Here's a new house to live in!

Of course, that depends on the individuals working on the house to continue to make progress. There are many problems with the electrical work, including putting in a range plug for the dryer instead of a dryer plug.  About half of the electric outlets in the house don't work.  We have three old toilets on the front porch and no new ones inside the house.  only about a third of the house has flooring, and the counter-top has yet to be put in.  

There have been the usual delays that you get with sub-contractors, but we have high hopes to be able to stick to that 14th date.

I did not watch the Super Bowl, although Alison spot checked it at times.  With the Internert and Hulu re-posting so many of the ads, you don't really need to watch the game just for the ads anymore.  Alison and Benjamin watched Beyonce's performance and thought it was outstanding,

Alison and I actually got to go to the movies on Friday night.  We saw Silver Linings Playbook.  It was a pretty good movie, but what was nicer was just to be out with Alison.  Mini-review - Two psychologically damaged people warily find solace in each other. And it's got football AND dancing, two of Alison's favorites. I would give it 7 out of 10. Nominated for Best Picture. Is it? With a different cast and less swearing, this could have easily been a made for TV Lifetime movie. So probably not. Both leads are very charming (in a quirky way), and Robert DeNiro as the lead's father, an obsessed Philadelphia Eagles fan, is excellent.

We were out and about in Brunswick Saturday, with a good friend and her two sons, who was kind enough to use her van for our transportation.  Picked up a whole boatload of faucets and ate at Broomelli's, where Alison was able to get her favorite slice of pizza - White, which has feta cheese, broccoli and tomatoes.  Benjamin got Boss Hog, which has all kinds of meat on it.  He says he's going to become a vegetarian like his big brother Doug someday, but he's not quite ready for it now.  I'll say.

I messaged a good friend from high school who was having a birthday, and was happy to hear that things were looking up for her.  I had been feeling down a bit lately, what with tax season and things, but corresponding with her was a great rebalancer.  In updating her about things going on in my life, it reminded a lot of good things going on in my life, and a lot of wonderful people around me.  I sometimes forget about the true miracle of having Alison in my life, and how it's not something everyone has or is found everyday.  I'm not much of a gusher, so you won't hear me talk about it a lot.  But it's there.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on being ready Feb. 14th!
    My favorite commercial was the one with Paul Harvey's voice, farmers & Dodge truck. Overall, I was not that impressed with the commercials this year. Ironic that they pay more for the spot and seem to have less "wow" power. I also liked the wallking dead commercial with Daryl, but it did not show everywhere.
    I was not as impressed as some with Beyonce's half-time show. I am not so much of a fan though.
    I think the movie I am really curious about seeing is Argo. Wow...go Ben Affleck!

    ReplyDelete