Monday, November 18, 2013

Another Larry King Style Monday Musing

Another Monday Musing, done Larry King rapid-fire style!

- Saw Thor:The Dark World, and it was pretty good.  The scenes on "The Dark World"?  Pretty dark, in that it was hard for these old eyes to see clearly.  Loki, played by Tom Middleton, was excellent; Chris Hemsworth as Thor was pretty good.  The rest of the cast ranged from good (Anthony Hopkins as Odin) to acceptable (Natalie Portman as Jane Foster) to slightly annoying (Kat Dennings as Darcy).

- did not go to the big Okefenokee Fair....not a real big fair person, so it was not a hard decision to make...if my son, Benjamin, had wanted to go, we may have acceded, but he doesn't show any interest.

- I am rapidly approaching the time when all three of my sons are taller than I am.  Benjamin is just at the edge of being taller than me.  He is cast as bot a child AND as a young adult in the four parts he plays in the upcoming A Christmas Carol.

- I have my lines down for A Christmas Carol....reassuring to me that I could memorize that big of a part at my age...of course, that doesn't that I won't forget them at any given moment....now I have to start focusing on costume.

- I had to make a tough decision this weekend that went against my grain of trying to be exclusionary.  I was not happy with my decision, but I would not have been happy if I had decided the other way, either.  Oh, well.

- I wish they would ban dome stadiums for professional football.  The Lions looked terrible in the second half against the Bees (I'm sorry, I mean the Pittsburgh Steelers), and I think it was because they weren't used to playing in the rain.

- My heart goes out to those in the Midwest who suffered through the unseasonably late round of violent storms and tornadoes.

- I am doing everything I can to reinvigorate and continue the Writer;s Guild.  I have and will make plenty of mistakes, but I hope lack of trying won't be one of them.

- Benjamin and I picked up pine cones Saturday, but did not rake the leaves.  Hey, one step at a time!

Until next time,

T.M. Strait

No comments:

Post a Comment