Saturday, March 1, 2014

An End in Tyvale

Pale brown leaves float down to the ground
Burnt Amber fronds stir all around
Red maple grees filter the sky
Orange creped blades do fly

Everything makes a pathway to you
Finally to see the lover LaRue
We followed the long and winding trail
All the way out to the outskirts of Tyvale

There we found the cabin in the wood
By the cascading waterfall  it stood
Inside the cabin was a weeping girl
Long black hair and skin of pearl

On her bed a body lay perfectly still
The quest my maiden came to fulfill
LaRue lay dead in deep repose
Standing above was Marcus Rose

"Kill him!"  my mistress cries
I look at her with different eyes
The hate I saw steal over her being
Killed all the love I had been feeling

"Enough!" I said, my heart pounding
"No more killing will I be sounding!
You've broken my heart today
With you I will no longer stay"

"But you came a world away."
She pleaded.  "With you I'll lay
If you just smite this Marcus above
Who killed my one true love"

"I had no choice.  He came at me
With a dagger wielded, you see.
He wanted to attack my Zoe,"
Marcus ached, his spirit lowly.

The lady with long black hair spoke
"Marcus Rose, your privileges I revoke!
You are no longer welcome here
Never again will I have you near!"

My lady cried, "If you will not kill him,
I will!" And grabbed the dagger rim
Plunged towards the darkened Rose
Who disappeared before it hit his nose

Where did he go?  He had vanished!
Zoe knew and said he was banished,
Back to a library he could never leave
A hidden library forested in a greave

Only she could find it again
And she swore to never find it again
Marcus would be trapped forever
Only her love could release him ever

And that love was now gone away
Marcus confined would ever stay
Crying ladies filled the cottage with tears
So I did the only thing I could to fight my fears

I walked away and left them there
I left to go I know not where
The bitter end had come in Tyvale
And I would not stay and sit and wail.




No comments:

Post a Comment