Friday, March 7, 2014

Bust My Buttons! Who Rang That Opening Bell?

What a magnificent cast!  This awesome group of thespians opened The Wizard of Oz last night to great fanfare and success!  It continues this weekend tonight and Saturday at 8, with a Sunday matinee at 2:30, and then next week Thursday through Saturday at 8 and one more Sunday matinee at 2:30.  The cast and costumes look fantastic.  Note the green one in the back - who could that be?  The Cowardly Lion, The Scarecrow, The Tin Man, and Dorothy all look amazing,  And Toto/  Toto too!

Our four heroes!  I have seen Sarah Crutcher  (Dorothy) and Blake Kildow (The Scarecrow) in other plays and musicals before, and the area just does not have finer talent than these two.  I have heard many, many fine things about The Cowardly Lion  and The Tin Man (Stephen McQuaig and Michael Kwalei Jaleel Hawkins).  Yes, as of writing this, I have not been privileged enough to see the show yet, but we are getting tickets for Saturday night.  Have you reserved your tickets yet?

Two of my closest friends making their stage debut at the Ritz, Kimberly Beck (center) and her daughter Emily (not the one with green hair - Ty Etheridge).

Another good friend, Michael Lee, with Kimberly, in a picture that I hope is not representative of a shotgun wedding.

UPDATE:  I have seen the play and it is indeed through the roof awesome!  One more weekend to see this show, and please be warned.....call and reserve early because these shows have been selling out!

This a special version with many interesting variations, one of which, I have to admit, is that NO ONE RINGS A BELL!  Which makes the title of this story somewhat inaccurate.

Oh, well.  No plan is perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I saw the show last night and it is fantastic! One of the best musicals WACT has done! I highly recommend making your reservations early - I suspect this show will sell out!

    ReplyDelete