Monday, March 24, 2014

Marshmallow Monday Musings



A date night was long overdue.  We wanted to see the new Veronica Mars movie, but as usual, any movie beyond a handful, were not going to come here to Waycross.

I found a theater in Jacksonville playing it.  But the trip would have been expensive,  The gas, theater admission, a meal out, gas, and probably the irresistible pull of shopping.  It was way more money than we had budgeted, and we were trying to conserve what we could for our vacation to California.

Thanks to Amazon streaming, we were able to rent the movie, and thanks to Reeal BBQ in Blackshear, we were able to have a cozy evening home.  I am very grateful that the producers of the movie made it available at the same time it was in theaters.  I think it is a unique idea, and very beneficial to movies that don't play widely, and are not destined to be Avengers-style blockbusters.

And if you were a fan of the TV show, it was a great extension of the series.  Kristen Bell fell right back into the snap of Veronica, and it was a lot of fun to see all the old characters again.
------------------------------------

79.05% of tax season is now complete.  I wish seeing that in print gave me greater relief, or a sense that the end of season was getting closer, but it doesn't.  I still feel like it has no end.

-----------------------------------

Benjamin had his last Cotillion Dance of the season.  Pictures to come later in the week.

-----------------------------------

MSU and Michigan still in the big Dance!  Woohoo!  Overall, though, in the office pool this year, I think I got decimated.  Despite media hype, I don't see this as a great year for underdogs.  There are smattering of those defying expectations, but it's shaping up to be a pretty bland March Madness.  Unless one of the Michigan teams takes it all - then I completely change my mind.

-------------------------------

Did my first yard-work, cleaning up branches, pine-cones and other yard debris. I am sore now, but the worst thing is that it took up my fiction writing time.  It will be a struggle to get back to for the next three weeks, but I will do what I can.

--------------------------------------

Reducing my level of contact on social media for Lent has not been easy.  But I don't think it's supposed to be.  I feel like friends are drifting away from me, and that I am causing myself to lose connection with them.  That feeling is probably illusory, but time will tell.

Until next time,

T. M. Strait

No comments:

Post a Comment