Monday, October 9, 2017

Lines Reducing Lines Monday Musings

It's all consuming.

My next play on the agenda, The Model Apartment, scheduled to run this weekend, is consuming all the time I have.  My part is much larger than what I had in The Odd Couple, and  has been done on a much quicker time scale, and even though I've devoted every spare second I can to memorizing the lines, it has been a real struggle.

I hope that it is the tight time frame and stress and the nature of the lines that is causing such a memorization struggle, and not age.  I don't know.  I just know the struggle is real.

This means I have not been able to devote much time to writing, particularly the OHC Writer's Contest, whose deadline coincides with the performance of the play.  It means I have little time to promote the contest.  It means I will miss the Tuesday Writer's guild meeting, and be unable to provide transportation for our faithful 89-year-old member, Grace Lee.

I have a DVR stuffed to the gills.  Boy, we're gonna have a lot to catch up starting after October 15th.

There are significant tax deadlines come October 15th as well, and although I don't put in many hours, I probably will have to put in as many as I can this week.

And I thought semi-retirement was going to bring beau-coups of extra time.

Ha!

Sorry for this, brief, kvetching edition of The Strait Line.  More later!

Until next time,

T. M. Strait


No comments:

Post a Comment