Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Whispering Wednesday Wanderings

Why whispering?

Because I have to learn a lot of lines fast, and I already feel my voice tightening.  The beginning stages of laryngitis are whispering across my throat. 

And this cannot happen.  I have another play to perform starting Thursday night.  And it will require full voice. 

I'm not quite sure how to solve this.

--------------------------------

Anyhoo, if you haven't seen WACT's The Odd Couple yet, and you live in the area, you MUST come see it!  This Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights at 8 PM!  It's Neil Simon, people!  It's the flip o the male Odd Couple, with all the male roles played by females, and the Byrd sisters played by the Costazuela brothers.

Who are the Costazuela brothers?  It's me and Benjamin, father and son playing two wild and crazy brothers, with trippy accents and comedic aplomb.  It's a dream come true, to be acting side by side with my son.

I just hope I won't have my voice reduced to a whisper.

------------------------

The next play, the one giving me fits trying to memorize, is The Model Apartment, put on by Purlie Productions, to be performed starting October 13th at The Studio inside the Okefenokee Heritage Center. 

It's only a five person show, but two of my favorite ladies are in it, my good friend Julianna Lacefield, playing my wife for the second time (the first was The Graduate), and the winner of my most frequent daughter award, Emily Beck.

I have to learn my lines. I cannot disappoint those two, even if I have to live on honey and whiskey.

--------------------------

Sometime in the next three days, I have to come up with a topic that can make a coherent newspaper column.  This one here is probably not it.

Saturday political soap boxes have been few and far between.  I have been busy Saturdays, and will continue to be for the next few weeks,  I keep forgetting that it's a brand name, and it is possible to write it on other days.

-------------------

Trump's visit to Puerto Rico was one of the worst, most embarrassing and disgusting visits by a public official ever.  There are far too many insulting things to go over here.  If I was a different kind of writer, I would provide you links to the myriad of insulting things he did, but I don't do that kind of thing.  A cursory search should reveal to you the magnitude of his ineptitude, from tossing towels like he's shooting t-shirts at a sporting event, or feeding zoo creatures, to diminishing the magnitude of Puerto Rico's suffering by contrasting it with the death toll of Katrina, to talking like taking care of Puerto Rico is just too much and will bust the budget, to reminding people of what Puerto Rico owes in debt (dangerous considering Trump's businesses owes then $33 million), to trying to get people to praise him, and on and on and on, to the point that you really can't consider yourself to be a decent person if you continue to support this smug narcissist.

Anyhoo, that's how I feel about it.

Every day I wake up. discovering with fresh horror, that I am still in an alternative universe where this carny clown actually ascended to the Presidency, and that I am surrounded by people who voted for him.

It's all so surreal.

Nah, can't use that in a newspaper, either.  I have to strive to be polite to those who still support Trump.

And that's getting harder and harder to do.





2 comments:

  1. Good morning! Great post... take care of that voice. Just typing the name Trump makes me sick! I have to walk away from this madness or I will lose my sight on what matters at the moment in my life. Love the book of Here Comes Tommy! The larger size is awesome! Perfect for the storyline and love the way the photos look. keep up with your passions and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete