Monday, October 30, 2017

Hell Week Begins Monday Musings

And so it begins.

Another non-stop week of rehearsals and performance.

Technically, it began Saturday, with a morning rehearsal followed by a Sunday afternoon practice, 

That was a just a warm-up.  Now we are in for night rehearsals on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, followed by performances on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday

I love theater, but these hell weeks can be a challenge, particularly as I get older. 

I would love to say that my new, reduced work schedule would help. But I have decided to front-end the month, getting my time in early, so I can enjoy more time at home during the Thanksgiving break. 

Then there are the OHC Writer's Awards to prepare.  I have to help inform the winners, collate the Awards Booklet, and prepare for Sunday afternoon's awards presentation.  This process normally takes between ten and twenty hours.

And  I am going to try to be serious about NaNoWriMo contest this year, and aim to write 50,000 words on a novel during the month of November.  Because of these other events, it's going to be hard to get the gas early on to get a decent start, but I'm going to do what I can.

It was a first for me last Thursday.  I got my first flu shot ever.  I got talked into it, but I figure, although I rarely get flu, it would be smart to do so now, as I am getting older and my usually strong immune system may need a boost.  It may be a smart thing to do as I face Hell Week.

Sports continues to be a major source of frustration.  I'm glad that Michigan finally found a quarterback, although I'd like to see him against a tougher opponent than Rutgers before I start cheering too hard.  The Lions and Falcons look like 50-50 teams, but the season is still young.  Atlanta United, the great first-year soccer team, lost a brutal contest, losing on penalty kicks after both sides being scoreless all the way through two overtimes.  The Bulldogs are the highlight of the year, demolishing the Florida Gators in their great rivalry.

As I write this, the first indictments are due in the Trump/Russia collusion investigation.  I think Mueller is taking his time to do it right.  I just don't how much more time we can risk with this narcissistic buffoon as President.

And this lifelong Stephen King fan has still not seen the movie It.


Until next time,

T. M. Strait


No comments:

Post a Comment