Tuesday, October 17, 2017

What Do I Write About?

What do I write about?

The weather?  I had a strong streak of weather related posts going there for awhile,  But now we have our first day here of weather approaching early fall/late summer temps ( projected high 73).  There are no active hurricanes hurtling towards us, and the horrible wildfires in California may be receding. Areas hit by devastation continue to slowly recover, except for Puerto Rico, whose recovery is being hampered by the bigoted, hateful reactions of the President.

Politics?  What else can I say?  No matter what he does, the Trumpeteers stay strong in their delusional state.  I'm sure my readership has suffered by losing those who don't want their beautiful minds disturbed by constant reference to the horrible mistake so many have made, and have been unable to own up to the terrible consequences of their decision, and even more brutally, their continued support of that vile being.

Fiction and poetry?  In the last day I have prepared a new poem and story to enter in to the Okefenokee Writer's Guild writing contest.  But I probably won't put those on the blog until after the contest results are announced. Hopefully, I'll write some other new things in the next two weeks. 

My semi-retirement?  Yeah, somehow I'm finding less time than I thought I would have.  It's good to be busy, though.  But I do need to structure the time better to achieve some longer term goals.  I'm going to reach my hour cap this week, so I should be able to have more time next week, and get my secondary careers into higher gear.  I  should also note the Higgnison & Paulk is moving next week to a new location.  Everything is being boxed up this week.

My health?  I try not to post too much about that.  I don't want to seem like a kvetcher.  I'm too fat, and I'm still having a rough time getting a handle on it.  I hurt my back last weekend, and my movement is limited.  It hurts particularly when I get up to move after sitting or laying down for awhile.  This morning, I have to watch how I sit or it hurts while I'm writing.  It's all good, though.  I've had it before, and it does fade with time.  I hope soon, because I would like to get back to walking.

Sports?  I'm close to abandoning football.  Atlanta Falcons can't hold a lead (STILL), the Detroit Lions are just plain cursed, the Michigan Wolverines are proving they are not a national championship caliber team.  But hey - Go Dawgs!  And then there's the whole injury and concussion thing.  In other sports - I am excited that Atlanta United is going to the playoffs in their inaugural season!  Woohoo!  Both Alison and I have caught soccer fever, thanx and a hat's tip to my son, Doug!

TV and movies?  Still catching up from so many nights spent at the community theater.  And haven't been to a movie since The Kingsman sequel.  It and Blade Runner 2049?  Nope - haven't seen them yet.  Benjamin likes The Gifted.

Reading?  Slowly reading a biography of Thomas Jefferson  and Quest for the Spark, a novel based on Jeff Smith's Bone series.  I'm quite a bit behind on my comic book reading.  The new Superman comic books are the balm.

So, yeah, basically nothing to write about.

Maybe better luck tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment