Monday, November 12, 2018

He Has a Certain Type of Significance by Jules Hagains : Student Poetry Winner!

Our third place winner, by Jules Hagains of Coffee County Schools!


He Has a Certain Type of Significance
by Jules Hagains

He has a certain type of significance
That kind that you can never exactly put your finger on, but you know there is something lurking.
You know what I mean?
He is nervous.  The mockingbird side of him shows through.
I hear him shuffle his feet.  Anxiety radiates off of him -
Just because I was once blind never means I don't know his intentions.

I feel his aura.  I can sense the blue dim mood.
He jumps.  The fear ruins my vibe.
He is a bubble person.  I can tell just by the intrusion reaction.
But...he will have to learn that as long as it rained, as long as he visits this bus stop
I will share my umbrella.

He needs it.  He is a stranger.
But it rains here endlessly, and I will let no one stand in the rain.
He holds his express ticket closely as the bus pulls up, and I
Find it unfortunate to see him go, closing my umbrella as we board.
He breaks away from me, and I know we will go to different realities.

I see him examine the doors to pass through.
He goes through the very last, and so I 
Feel sad, because that is the Nicher reality.
And that reality is dying.  I feel bad, as much as I try
I will never understand what it is like
For your world to waste away, perhaps before your eyes.


Nomads, as I am, cannot understand.

It's just not possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment