Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Ralphing it Up Thanksgiving Weekend Wednesday Wanderings


Thanksgiving Weekend was a big weekend for Ralph at the Strait Household!

No, I don't mean eating until you feel like ralphing, although some of us did teeter on the edge of that.

I mean we rented Wreck-It Ralph, and then saw Ralph Breaks the Internet at the theatres.

I thought the first movie was entertaining, and the second one a little less so, although I did enjoy the parts with the Disney princesses - funny and smart marketing by the Disney people.  I admit to falling asleep a bit during chase scenes in both movies.  I think everyone else in the family enjoyed the movies more than I did.

Doug and Paige visited us from Thursday until Saturday and saw the movies with us.  They were great company, and the biggest news I have is they have moved up the wedding form October to May!  That's almost around the corner! Well, it's closer to the corner than October, that's for sure!

Dinner highlights included cornbread dressing, made sweet and delicious by Alison's mother.  My Yankee friends have no idea what they're missing if they haven't had this southern style treat.  I also made my squash casserole, which is mostly cheese and crackers with squash as a binding agent.  I love the stuff, and so do most others, even those who usually don't eat squash (like me).

------------------------------------

Well, football sucks.  At least if you are a fan of the Michigan Wolverines, Detroit Lions or the Atlanta Falcons.  But take heart!  The Georgia Bulldogs are still in the mix, and our high school football team, the Pierce County Bers, are in the semi-finals of the state playoffs!

And talking about football, when it comes to what the world more commonly knows as football, soccer, the achievements of Atlanta United have been quite exciting!  They won the first leg of their conference championship 3 -0 against a team that had been dominating them, the New York Red Bulls, and now the Red Bulls will have to win by a three-point margin in the second leg to tie, or a four-goal or better margin to win outright.  They do have the advantage of playing the second game in the Red Bull arena, but those kind of margins are not typical in soccer games.  So we have high hopes of appearing in the championship game December 8th!  Woohoo!

------------

So, Cindy Hyde-Smith joins the Racist Squad by Mississippi still being backward enough to vote for such a horrendous person.  The Racist Squad's most prominent members now feature Governor-Elect Ron Desantis, Congressman Steve King, and President Donald Trump.  There are others, but these are some of the most prominent Racist Squad leaders.

Maybe in time, we can remove these scummy stains on humanity, but that time ain't here yet.  At least not for some areas of the country.  Sigh.

-------------------------------------

I will be at Christmas in the Cross Saturday, hawking my book warns.  Please check out all the fun and excitement at this event.  Even if it rains, I will be inside.  Can't let my books get wet.




I avoid too much posting of material acquisitions, but I can't resist a picture of Alison's new car, a 2017 Subaru Outback!  She has been driving the same car for 14 years - a 2004 Toyota Camry, so please don't be jealous that she got a new one.  The Camry is still in the family and will be Benjamin's primary car now.  He can even take it to college with him.

I remember when we got the Camry, I had taken then three-year-old Benjamin out to see it by behind the little house we were living at the time, and told him, "Son, this is going to be your first car!"

And, by Golly, guess what?

IT IS!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment