Thursday, November 8, 2018

The Black and White Cat by Myra Relyea: Student Poetry Winner 2018 OHC Writer's Contest



Congratulations to Myra Relyea on winning the Judge's Prize for Student Poetry!  She is a student in Ware County and is the daughter of OHC Writer's Guild member, Cristina Relyea.


The Black and White Cat
by Myra Relyea


The black and white cat
A child from an unknown mother
A sassy princess with a stick up her butt

A little mischievous, wild child that's hidden in the dark and sulking in the light

She may seem evil to you or extra but she holds all the memories
From when I was young and I couldn't compare to my mother's height to now when im a
teen trying to succeed in life and figure out the differences between wrong and right

The memories she holds do not just include me protecting her from enemies like little
siblings trying to suffocate her and comforting me when I couldn't fall asleep

She also has the memories that involve our friends and family
From Easter and Christmas

She has the memories of when we were tiny and dancing to early 2000's Katy Perry
music and the memories of when it was Thanksgiving where we'd eat so much that
slight movements would make us throw up

Bu most important to all of my family is the memory of Nanny she holds

This is just a summary of the memories the black and white cat holds

No comments:

Post a Comment