Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Election Morning November 4th : Sort of Live Blog 3

 7:01 AM

I admit it.  I passed out.  At least for an hour or two.

Not much new.

MSNBC still has Biden 224 Trump 213

HuffPost has Biden 238  Trump 213

I'm not sure of the difference, other HuffPost has called Arizona for Biden and MSNBC has not.

Nothing is too shocking, but also the margin that I prayed Biden would get is not there.  I had hoped he'd get more surprise states, in addition to Arizona and Nebraska District 2, but alas, that has not yet transpired.

Donald Trump has declared victory and is openly lusting for the Supreme Court to intervene.

Yes, this is very different from what I projected in my Last Speculatron.  Am I ashamed I missed?  No, I always strive to put the best scenario forward.  The emphasis is always on SPECULATION rather than PREDICTION.  I prayed I was right but I was not.

It does look like Warnock will finish first in the runoff, with current Senator Loeffler second.  Interestingly, Democrats combined have 50.8% of the vote and Republicans have 48.6.  Most of the vote yet to come in is from Democratic strongholds.  Ossoff is close to a runoff - he's at 46.9% and David PeeYou, uh, Pureedew, uh Perdue is at 50.8%.  It won't take much to frag him below 50.

(In Georgia, any race where no candidate receives 50% plus of the vote results in a runoff.  It's not the worst idea, but it is a hangover from Jim Crow.

Senate Dem 46 GOP 47

7:25 AM

Thanks, MSNBC, for finally telling me that Biden won Hawaii.

I've pulled up a summary from AP, and this is apparently where HuffPost is getting their information.  They also have it 238 to 213 in favor of Biden.

Biden has pulled into the lead in Wisconsin.  Hopefully, that will stick.

Biden is closing the gap in Michigan.  Oh, my God, do we need that one!

Someone on MSNBC is blaming liberals for spending too much money on Senates races they could not win.  Yeah?  And the horse you rode in on, motherducker!  Everyone deserves a choice.  Too many regions of this country have had no choice for too long.  You have to keep coming at them AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN.

To top it off, my Song of the Day feature is not working.  YouTube is not transferring videos to FaceBook.  I don't know whether it's personal or temporary or what.  

By the by, this whole thing is pretty much WYSIWYG.  I'm not checking grammar or nothing.

8:21

Biden is decisively ahead in the popular vote, by about 2.3 million votes, with much that is left that will favor him.  It's very like that Biden will not only win the popular vote, but also win the majority of the vote (50% plus). Too bad, thanx and a hat's tip to slavery-favoring impositions on our Constitution, that doesn't mean as much as it should.

What could that mean if Trump won?  It would mean the THIRD time the popular vote winner did not win, and the first time a 50+ candidate did not win. Let's pray that this is not the case.


9:04 AM

I haven't gone away.  Just bereft of news.  Trying to decide if my stomach can take breakfast.

No, I'm not going into work today.  That would be a very dangerous thing for me to do.

I just saw a list of states that MSNBC has given Biden, and it doesn't include Hawaii.  WTH?

9:22 AM

I now see where Biden has pulled ahead in Michigan!

9:33 AM

After four years of the worst Presidency in American History, Pierce County still voted 87% for Trump. Same as 2016. So, it wasn't just hatred of the dreaded Hillary. There is something even worse going on. No progress made at all, I am sad and frightened.

This is where I live. I live in political Hell.

9:49 AM

Thanks to my friend, Benita Collins, I was able to end around and post my Song of the Day! If you are a FaceBook friend, please enjoy Here Comes Santa Claus!

10:18 AM

I am at my desktop at home, with multiple windows up. I have MSNBC on mute. I can't take the Kornacki chatter, but I don't know where else to go. I also have the AP interactive map up - that's more statistically informative.

I am going to admit it - I am losing my mind. I can't look, and I can't not look. (yeah, that's a double negative - SUCK IT, GRAMMARLY!

11.:53 AM

I really don't see much changed. Pennsylvania may have a press conference while I was inattentive, so I'm not sure if they did or what they said.

I'll continue this with a new blog post.





No comments:

Post a Comment