Friday, November 6, 2020

Election to 270 #2: Sort of Live Blog 6

 10:02 PM

Started with a new blog entry.  Other was getting too long.

Not sure who'd gonna see these.  I haven't reposted to Facebook or Twitter.

But for the mighty few who read these - thanks for putting up with me, as I wander through this marathon election process!

I'm not upset.  We are trying to do this in the middle of a Pandemic.  McConnell refused to give money to states to help improve the election process.

Every state is different, so it varies each place, and we have to respect that.

10:25 PM

The talk is that outstanding vote in Clayton County, when reported, will put Biden in the lead in Georgia.

Clayton County was represented in Congress by...John Lewis.

I'm speechless.

10:35 PM 

Biden continues to close in Pennsylvania, now within about 35,000 voted.  A big batch of votes is still expected from Philadelphia.

11:12 PM

More Pennsylvania catch up.  Biden within 26,132 votes.

Senate GOP 48 Dem 47

11:47 PM

Not sure how late to stay up.  Not sure if anything decisive will happen. Not sure how many more votes will be added until tomorrow.

Tried to watch MSNBC for a few minutes and listened to James Carville, but soon I was screaming at the TV.  He started blaming Progressives for why Democrats didn't do well in the Senate and lost ground in the House.  Tired of blue dogs.  You know, if you offer people a choice between Republican and Republican Lite, they're going to pick Republican.  I'll take my chances with Progressives, James.

12:11 AM

Well, this is interesting.  Steve Kornacki was going home, with Ali Velshi replacing him, and then suddenly, Kornacki was back.  He didn't want to go home because he felt some things were going to be happening in the next few hours.

Still haven't decided how late I'm staying up, but ... I'm up for now.

1:18 AM

Nothing of significance, so I'm going to try to get some sleep.

Which can only mean one thing...

6:17 AM

The best part of waking up 

Is seeing Georgia

BLUE!!!

A small lead?  Yes, just 917 votes, but a lead nonetheless.  I pray it holds, but even if it doesn't, this is truly a moment to cherish!

7:00 AM

Once again, Morning Joe has become unwatchable.  Blaming Progressives for not doing better in the Senate and House.  It's like listening to Carville cranked up to 11. 

I'll do a fuller analysis in a separate post, but on the surface, nothing seems further from the truth.

The white working class isn't identifying with Trump because of policy - red states have been passing very progressive ballot measures.  They identify with him because of TRIBALISM.

The only new count I see was the switch of Georgia from red to blue.  That must have been Clayton County.  Everyone else went to bed.

7:52 AM

Ok.  I'm going to go to another blog entry.







No comments:

Post a Comment