Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Election Night November 3rd! Sort of Live Blog 1

6:10 PM

Ready for Election night!  

I will be posting into this blog post as the night progresses.

This post may get more joyous or despairing, depending on how the results go.

Starting with TYT, the progressive network that reluctantly predicted that Trump would win.

This year?  Not predicting a Trump victory.  Not predicting a close election.  Predicting a Biden BLOW OUT!!!

6:21 PM

Switched to MSNBC.  My God!  They love exit polls!  Which may or may not mean anything.

7% of Nevada voters think the economy is excellent.  Yeah, I do hear the rich are getting richer.  So, congratulations, ye mighty handful. 69% think wearing masks is a public safety responsibility.

Ok, actually, this is from the crawl at the bottom of the screen.  I swear, they've run about 200 commercials in a row.

7:00 PM

Indiana for Trump.  Others too close early to call.

Trump 11 Biden 0

7:24 PM

The tension is too much, so we're watching Who Wants to be A Millionaire for a little while.

7:37 PM

Vermont goes to Biden.

Trump 11 Biden 3

So many states way too close.  Florida is scary.  Biden's leading, but the Panhandle yet to come in.

I don't understand anyone who would have voted for Trump.  I know I'm surrounded by Trump voters, but I still can't see how they reach that conclusion.

7:52 PM

I see that HuffPost is reporting different electoral numbers than MSNBC, but I can't tell which states they are - Biden 16 Trump 13.

7:58 PM

Kentucky called for Trump.  Yuck.

Trump 19 Biden 3

8:01

Slew of states!  

Biden 44 Trump 26

I wish I could tell you all the states.  I know they include Massachusetts and Maryland.  Trump gets Oklahoma.

Still have little idea on the Senate.

Nobody's talking about the house.

Florida is a mess, as usual.

8:12

Tennesse for Trump.

Biden 44 Trump 37

Texas looks more promising than Florida.  But who knows?

McConnell wins.  Turtle Man comes back.  Blech.  Hopefully, as minority leader.

To update, Biden wins New Jersey and Delaware.  Those are the states I missed earlier.

8:23 PM

West Virginia Trump Connecticut Biden

Biden 51 Trump 42

Some states are interesting but still too early.

My heart is pounding.

8:51 PM

Arkansas Trump

Biden 51 Trump 48

Rural Georgia for Trump - we'll see about the Metro.

We took a chocolate break. Georgia Democratic Senate candidate Warnock in runoff position.

9:00 PM

Poll closings

New York Biden

Biden 80 Trump 48

Texan Jon Cornyn coming back to Senate.  Blech. Another Republican weasel.

9:09

South Dakota Trump

Biden 80 Trump 51

Coronavirus is raging in South Dakota.  Some lessons are hard to learn.

Nobody has gained ground yet.

9:18 PM North Dakota Trump

Colorado Biden 

Biden 89 Trump 54

Glad to see that one.  No flips yet.

9:28 PM

Alabama Trump

Biden 89 Trump 63

Colorado Senate seat flips to Democrats!

Dem 40 Rep 37 Senate

In contact with my two older sons.  They are frustrated and worried.  It's frustrating.  I'm worried too.  But no major Presidential state flips have yet occurred.

South Carolina Trump 

Biden 89 Trump 72

I'm sick of hearing about the difference between early voting and same day voting.  Blasted Trump super spreaders.

10:18 PM

New Mexico Biden

Biden 94 Trump 80 - didn't catch how Trump got to 80 

Still no flips.

Louisiana Trump

Biden 94 Trump 86?

There predicting the House will remain in Democratic control.  No duh.  

New Hampshire Biden

Biden 98 Trump 86

Still no flips.

The Doug Jones loss in Alabama is predictable but crushing.  

Utah Trump.  Thanks, Utah, I guess you don't value Romney after all.

Biden 98 Trump 92 

10:40 PM

Missouri Trump

Biden 98 Trump 102

Still no flips.

Illinois Biden

Biden 118 Trump 102

Nebraska Trump even the split district?

Biden 118 Trump 105 now 114?  Don't know what happened - trying to track too many things at once

Senate GOP 42 Dem 41

Mississippi Wyoming Trump

Biden 118 Trump 114

Graham going back.  I think I just threw up in my mouth.

11:00 PM

California Oregon Washington Biden

Biden 192 Trump 114

HuffPost has Biden at 209 and Trump 112.  I don't know what the differences are.

It looks like the big three - Michigan, Wisconsin & Pennsylvania will not have results for one to five days.  Technically, I should go to bed.  It wouldn't matter.  I'm not getting any sleep.  No way can I rest knowing that Trump could remain in office.

I wish they would at least call Arizona.  A flip for the Dems might ease my mind.

11;30 PM

Biden has pulled ahead in the popular vote.

11:48 PM

So this won't run on forever, I may end this post at midnight, but start a new one for November 4th.

I'm not despairing yet, but i am deeply frustrated and worried.

11:58 PM

Ohio Trump Damn

Biden 192 Trump 132

Damn















  




No comments:

Post a Comment