Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pool Night in the Lighter Fay

A pool of intrepid solitude
Is broken by thoughts of you.
A light plays across the waters
Diffracted in a shimmering blue

No one saw me there
Behind a startle bush
I just watched in awe
And decided not to push

But then I saw her coming out of the water
Looking like a vision
Something you only dream about
Not to be measured against a reason

My eyes lit up as she dried off
Then she saw me, peering through trees
Giving me  a wicked smile
One that would automatically frees

Tyvale is far off
At least for me in waiting in the  trap,
The trap from sorcery's poisonous lips.
The trap is getting a bad rap


Soon, she was there beside me
A beautiful ghost who  walks with grace
Someone far beyond my ken
Someone with a radiant face

Come in, she pleads
The pool will refresh you
The promise will revive you
The hope will keep coming back to you.

I stand at the edge of the pool.
I so much want to go in
But that is not in my nature
I find it hard to lead the win

Goodbye, my pool friend!
So long, the tempting splash
Farewell, to the wicked smile
Hello, to an empty sash!






















1 comment: