Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ripping Good Yarns: Monday Fall TV



What's on TV this fall?  Well, Rippers, let's start with Monday night!

First, I apologize for the tiny picture of the Fall line-up.  I will continue to work with that and see if I can't subsequent days larger and clearer.  But with my blogging time being limited, I'll need to start with this one.

The most exciting returning show for the Strait household is Castle, the series about a mystery who gets to hang with a police homicide unit, featuring the intelligent beauty of Kate Beckett (Stana Katic).  Alison and I are huge Nathan Fillion fans (albeit our reasons may differ slightly), and we look forward to this season, as Beckett and Castle have finally gotten together.  Will the series continue to soar, or will it go the way of Moonlighting?  There is a theory that once two characters you long to see together do indeed get together, that the interest and energy in the show dissipates.  We will see.  This is Castle's fourth year on the fall schedule.

The most intriguing new show on Mondays is Revolution. It comes from J.J. Abrams (Lost, Fringe, Alias) and is based on the premise that all electronics in the world cease to function.  The series starts five years after this has happened.  Expect great characters, and yes, my friends, some bow and arrow action!

Other new shows on Monday are The Mob Doctor about a female doctor who must treat mobsters in order to settle old debts she has to them (can anyone say - thin premise?), and Partners, which focuses on a long-standing gay-straight friendship (created by the creators of Will & Grace).

CBS has a number of crude comedies that I don't watch but may be your cup of tea. How I Met Your Mother is in it's 8th season, and is now officially the world's longest explanation to one event.  Mike & Molly is in it's 3rd season, a show we desperately wanted to like but couldn't handle it's crudity, and 2 Broke Girls starts season number 2.  CBS also has Hawaii Five-O coming back for season 3.

Other returning shows include Bones for it's 8th fall season,  90210 for season 5, and Gossip Girl for Season 6.  These may be fine shows but I've never seen them.

The biggest thing now missing on Mondays?  House!  This show ended last spring, and I know many of it's fans will be disappointed it is gone.  But, I suspect, as disappointed as Fox when they see the ratings to The Mob Doctor.  Oy vey!





2 comments:

  1. I will be watching The Voice and probably will just follow with Revolution to see what that looks like. You do need to add AMC and FX to your line-up. The size is fine because it enlarges when you click on the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Revolution last week and think it's a show that I can get into. Interested for tonight.

    ReplyDelete