Friday, September 28, 2012

Ripping Good Yarns- Friday Fall TV



Back to our Fall TV summary!  Featuring what's on Fridays!

I won't kid you.  For myself, I see no new shows worth trying.  But I'm not everybody, so let me note the two new Friday shows.  Malibu Country is basically like the Reba show featuring Reba McEntire.  In the show's favor, it does feature the talents of Lily Tomlin.  Made In Jersey is a new show.  I've read the description and I still can't figure out what it's about.  Some kind of legal show I think.

The best show on prime time broadcast television is on this night.  Fringe has it's final season this year, and all signs it will go out with the same topnotch characters and writing that it has maintained.  This show has T.M. Strait's highest seal of recommendation. It is it's fifth and final season, and is only scheduled for 13 episodes. The show Grimm, in it's second season, is growing on me.  As the characters sharpen, it's becoming a more interesting show. Silas Weir Mitchell as Monroe steals the show.

Also on Friday are CSI:NY in Season 9.  Is CSI:Miami gone?  Oh, I guess it is.  Blue Blood is in it's third season, starring Tom Selleck (I wonder if the show will run longer than Magnum, PI?).  Whitney is in it's second season and Community is in it's third on the Fall schedule.  I have heard good things about Community, but I have only seen it's pilot episode.  Touch is back after a Spring run where Keifer Sutherland tries to learn things without torturing the crap out of people.  Last Man Standing is back - something to do with Tim Allen.  Finally, the CW kicks in with Nikita's third fall season.

Almost finished!  Since Saturday is nothing but a vast wasteland, only Sunday night to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment