Saturday, September 22, 2012

Togetherness Rap

I hear them rapping
I hear them shouting
I hear them knocking
But they can't come in


If they come in
If they barge in
If they break it down
They'll take me away

Take me away from her
And I could not stand that
I could not abide that
I cannot leave her

I told her that we would never be apart
I promised that I would never leave her side
I gave my word that I would be devoted to her
That we could not be separated

I see her in her chair
She is very still
She does not move
Not for the last few days

I tear up at the notion of our parting
I reach out to touch her hair
I stroke down the golden tresses
Too hard!  As her head lolls to her chest

The ramming at the door grows louder
They're going to break it down
I don't know how to stop them
I don't know what will make them go

Maybe I should pick her up
Squeeze us through the bathroom window
Run for someplace far away
Where her smell and decay won't be noticed

The door is beginning to splinter
I clutch the gun in my right hand
I don't want to give up
But we must not be apart

The door gives way
They will be upon us in seconds
I have time for my one round
And then I will join her

For I will never be without her

No comments:

Post a Comment