Thursday, October 25, 2012

Six Times A Shadowed Maze

The first time it was in a crowd
The others wore it like a shroud
But not the answers to the scene
For it was nowhere else but green

The second time was at a dance
The others viewed it in a trance
But nought the swirling palate of care
For it was nowhere to me to share

The third time was by the sea
The others were set to free
But not to me was intention give
For it was nothing for me but the shiv

The fourth time was in a church
The others askance at such a lurch
But to me the spirit did not come
For it ended with a lonely sum

The fifth time was at a play
The others mare at auto-da-fey
But to me it was souless show
For it was a front with nowhere to go

The sixth time was not the charm
The others were digging to farm
But not for me whom the promise was made
For instead was me that was left in the shade


No comments:

Post a Comment