Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Boy and His Mama: UPDATED

Cotillion Spring ball 2013



Benjamin Sloan Strait, born on December 7, 2000...a day that began his infancy.  And on March 9, 2013 he is old enough to dance at a ball with his mother.  If Alison had not been wearing heels, they would have been the same height.  Soon enough he will be taller than his Dad as are my two older boys, Greg and Doug.

Heights change, hobbies change, friends come and go.  But what does not change is the love and affection this boy has for his Mama.  

I could say more, and will over time.  But for now, I think more words would be superfluous.  I will let these pictures speak for themselves.



UPDATE: MARCH 2014!




Another season ending Cotillion Ball, and this time 13 year old Benjamin is now taller than his Mom (heck, he's taller than me!).  And yes, he still has abiding love and affection for his Mama.





Wait!  Who's this?  That's not his Mama!  Oh, well.  I guess it's not just in height that they grow up!  Actually, he doesn't remember the girl's name (that's what he tells us), and was probably was just one of the many girls he danced with that evening.  But that time is coming, my friend.  It's coming fast.

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that love is matched by the love he has for his father. :)

    ReplyDelete