Thursday, March 21, 2013

Across The Graying Desert

I will never drink again
We will never see the end
Started the cross with maiden
and ten Iitifuls to us attend

Our trek across the Graying Desert
Our quest to reach Campia
Risking great disaster we flirt
She wants to reach the great sea Mylecia

Her lover to confront
Or rescue if case may be
She will not accept his cold shunt
Never would she listen to me

Across the graying sands we push
The Itifuls hear a might storm come
Before it starts there is an unearthly hush
And they decide to abandon the ransom

The scoundrels had planned for my poor maid
So now it is just us two
In an endless desert that will not fade
Facing anything I would for you

Though my lips are cracked and bleeding
I give her the last of my water
And if need be with what I'm feeling
I would give all my piss and blood for her

Everything I have left to give
I would with gladness give
I would with tearful joy give
Only that she may live

She stands in tattered desert robes
Her hair matted to her face
The transparent gossamer revealing her globes
Narrowed gray eyes determine to see her way out of this place

The sun is starting to reach it's height
We will be boiled alive
We do not want to give up the fight
We must not lose our drive

She pitches forward and falls face down
Like it or not, we may have reached journey's end
I fear that in this graying sand we'll drown
When suddenly to us a sound does bend

A horn announcing the coming of something
She grabs my hand and through the sand and grit
I feel the pulse of her vibrant soul, hear it sing
She hugs me tight as there we sit

Who comes next?  Who calls us so!
It could be bandits or warriors or merchant
In a few moments we will know
Until then, nothing to do but stay and plant

Whatever may head our way
She can count on me to stay
And defend her all the way
No matter come what may


Everything I have left to give
I will with gladness give
I will with tearful joy give
Only that she may live









No comments:

Post a Comment