Thursday, March 7, 2013

In the Bars of Barre'

Stay away from me
The pain of your closeness is just too great
I just want to be free
Of the heartbreak that holds you strait

All the way from Port Seal
Into the heart of the Sonzobar
Into the Barre' town Ashsthil
Into the the Tavern called Kroner's Star

She searched for a man
Who was rumored to know
Of LaRue and his plan
Maybe bring us to show

My maiden was dressed to make him swoon
Only a red satin bra and tiny strap of a skirt
She thought it would be a boon
To open up the man and get the dirt

Instead it inflamed him
And he decided to take her
So he drew his sword and grabbed her limb
He though he would have his way for sure

He had forgotten about me
Who had defended across half the world
Blind love made her all that I could see
This fool would wind up curled

I struck him down
Grabbed his sword with my bare hands
I knocked him on his crown
Ground his face in the floor of sands

Thus degraded, he confessed to what he knew
Out came the destination
The plans of her lover LaRue
He was going to the Mylecian nation

Grateful, she pulled me into her seam
My hand against her back
Charged like an electric dream
My emotions began to crack

I am only her ally, nothing more
I told myself again
But that was not what my heart wore
It could not stop the pain

So please, I must defend you from a distance
I cannot get this close
That has to be my stance
I must remain morose

So tearfully, I repeat


Stay away from me
The pain of your closeness is just too great
I just want to be free
Of the heartbreak that holds you strait




No comments:

Post a Comment